October 16, 2024

DCD Prosthodontics specialisation

I collaborated closely with Prosthodontics specialisation academics and the Senior Learning & Teaching Team to develop the Canvas offerring for the Prosthodontics specialisation for the Melbourne Dental School's Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (DCD) program.

  • 3 Prosthodontics subjects;
    • First year (DENT90102)
    • Second year (DENT90103)
    • Third year (DENT90104)

  • 15 Assessments of various types, including: 
    • Seminar Presentations
    • At home practice exams
    • Case based examinations
    • Written exams, 
    • Clinical demonstrator feedback forms
    • Attendance
Leigh has been a huge game changer for DCD and we are so grateful for his efforts.

MDS Academic Lead for Assessment and Evaluation
21 August 2024

Innovations

To manage and display the Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) for the various DCD subjects, I innovated with Data Blaze. This database feature of TextBlaze allowed me to keep track of the many ILOs of the various subjects.

I developed an engaging HTML design for displaying the ILO lists, and coded a TestBlaze 'repeat' feature to activate the insertion of the data-filled code into Canvas.

Canvas content reproduced with permission from Melbourne Dental School