I collaborated closely with dental research academics and the Senior Learning & Teaching Team to develop the Canvas offerring for the dental research specialisation for the Melbourne Dental School's Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (DCD) program.
- 3 dental research subjects;
- Research Proposal (DENT90108)
- Research Project A (DENT90109)
- Research Project B (DENT90110)
- 15 Assessments of various types, including:
- Essay: Research problem
- Critical appraisal of literature (related to the research problem)
- Completion of RIOT training module
- Oral presentation: Research question
- Research methodology
- Data Analysis plan
- Oral presentation: Research proposal
- Literature review
- Oral presentation: Research project A
- Research report
- Oral presentation: Research project B
Innovations
Because the DCD research subjects are completed by all DCD students regardless of specialisation, the design of these subjects was the first that I tackled. It was here that I began templating a consistent design approach to use throughout the DCD.
Drawing upon the Canvas HTML design elements developed by University of Melbourne, I developed HTML that would be versatile enough and engaging enough to roll out through the rest of the DCD.
My robust HTML designs have also been adopted by other Redesign Team learning designers for their MDS programs.
MDS Redesign Team Manager
2 October 2024
Canvas content reproduced with permission from Melbourne Dental School