April 11, 2022

Canvas Studio Project

I was invited to join the Canvas Studio Project Team in 2021 to test and implement the video devlivery platform into Canvas. As part of that team, I did the following:

  • User testing and insightful advice in the Canvas Studio project.
  • Developed instructional resources for student use of Canvas Studio
  • Participated in the Canvas Studio project where I brought a wealth of experience to the group. I proved to be an asset in designing test cases, testing solutions in Canvas, designing student instructions.
  • Designed Canvas Studio general instructions H5P using a generic template generated elsewhere, into a version better designed to help learners.
  • Created use-cases and tested the functionality of Canvas studio and reported on it's suitability to perform compared to Kaltura.
  • Technical assistance and advice on Canvas Studio and other technologies to podmates and to other pods across the LD team including via OES Learning Design Training.

Watch the following Canvas Studio help resources video in which Leigh explains a code solution to a difficult error which plagued many LDs.

Thank you for all your user testing and insightful advice in the Canvas Studio project. You've been a real asset to the team, bringing a wealth of experience to the group. It's great having you as part of the team! Thank you.

OES Lead Learning Designer
July 2021