September 13, 2024

DCD Oral Medicine Specialisation

I collaborated closely with Oral Medicine specialisation academics and the Senior Learning & Teaching Team to develop the Canvas offerring for the Oral Medicine specialisation for the Melbourne Dental School's Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (DCD) program.

  • 3 Oral Medicine subjects;
    • First year (DENT90087)
    • Second year (DENT90088)
    • Third year (DENT90089)

  • 15 Assessments of various types, including: 
    • Essays
    • Written exams, 
    • Oral examinations
    • Exam on case presentations
    • Oral exams
    • Attendance
This [Academic Skills resource about Writing a Paper for Publication] looks like an excellent resource. Thank you for pointing it out and it would be excellent to provide this guidance to the students.

Professor, Oral Medicine 22/08
22 August 2024

Innovations

Exam instructions: I introduced DCD to the Exam-instructions page approach. Inspired by exam and quiz aproaches I have encountered elsewhere, the approach, invoves publishing visible instructions and an restricted quiz containing exam questions.

The exam instructions assessment page contains all the ILOs, marking guides and exam format instructions students will need to understand the requirements and is available throughout the semester.

The Canvas quiz containing the actual exam questions is assigned to particular exam dates, and is available to students only during the exam window.

Thank you for all your work, the subjects look fantastic. I have gone over the material and think it is excellent and have now published these three subjects.

Professor, Oral Medicine 22/08
January 22 2025

Canvas content reproduced with permission from Melbourne Dental School