I developed PyInterp; an embeddable Python interpreter widget for inclusion in Canvas pages for Melbourne Online's Programming for Cybersecurity, a subject teaching many Python programming concepts and requiring a technological interactive learning approach. I employed the Replit development platform and collaborated with an AI Replit Agent to develop a working proptpype app.
Inspired by a pedagogical approach I took in Swinburne Online's COS30043 Interface Design and Development, the prototype served as a useful illustration of how the pedagogy of active learning can work for learning programming concepts.
It served also as a template to inform Melbourne Online's EdTech development team to produce a robust working version for inclusion in the final version of the subject.
MO Head of Learning Design
April 9 2025
The Pyinterp app on the Replit site
The user pastes their required Python snippet, Running the code to check it functions. Then generate a customisable embed code for inclusion in Canvas LMS.

