As the Learning Designer for AI Planning for Automation in the Master of AI program, I played a central role in shaping a highly technical and complex subject into a coherent, engaging, and professionally aligned learning experience.
Working with an academic team whose expectations evolved throughout development, and integrating the Ed STEM learning platform for the first time for Melbourne Online, I navigated shifting requirements with diplomacy and clarity. I consolidated fragmented source materials and translated ambiguity into a structured, purposeful learning pathway.
A major innovation in this subject was my strategic use of our Spark AI generative assistant. Using the assistant, I designed and structured topics, planned LMS pages, and drafted substantial components of the learning content. This use of Spark, enabled rapid iteration, consistency of voice, and enhanced conceptual clarity—while applying expert Learning Design judgment to refine and elevate the outputs.
To convey complex mathematical and algorithmic ideas, I implemented the Melbourne Online’s most extensive use of LaTeX-based mathematical typesetting, significantly improving precision and readability. I also worked effectively with the newly introduced monday.com Asset Tracker, ensuring accurate design briefs and smoother cross-team coordination.
Leigh OMG, big snaps!
He has picked up a super challenging AI subject, with tricky SCs and has quietly sorted through the mess and is building away translating some hard to understand videos into engaging content.
MO Senior Learning Designer
November 2025
Shoutout to Leigh for doing the grunt work on the math in AI Planning seeing as the SC hasn't got back to us.
MO Senior Learning Designer
February 2026
Leigh has worked on several complex subjects, such as AI Planning for Autonomy...
Leigh has also contributed to and run Canvas workshop sessions where he has shown professionalism, strong communication skills, and the ability to manage questions effectively.
In these sessions, he has used his technical knowledge to translate concepts into practical applications for use within subjects.
MO Senior Learning Designer
February 2026
MO Senior Learning Designer
19 February, 2026