October 30, 2025

Security, Privacy & Ethics

In the Security, Privacy & Ethics subject of the Master of Cyber Security program, I led several key learning-design innovations that significantly enhanced student engagement and pedagogical impact.

I repurposed and extended the existing palette of design elements to create dynamic, scenario-based learning experiences, including a suite of case studies that used familiar templates in inventive ways. Through thoughtful adaptation and responsive design techniques, I pushed the boundaries of what was achievable within the current toolset, ensuring high-quality learning experiences across devices and formats.

I introduced “Imagine this scenario” interactive narratives to deepen ethical reasoning and situational judgment, enabling students to engage with real-world dilemmas in an immersive and meaningful way.

Another major achievement was the redesign and online conversion of Capture The Flag (CTF) activities, transforming traditionally in-person cybersecurity challenges into a fully digital, accessible, and engaging format aligned with modern learner expectations.

In addition, I advanced the use of Spark AI to generate learning content, embedding emerging AI-driven enhancements that support personalised exploration of complex concepts.

Collectively, these initiatives elevated the subject’s interactivity, authenticity, and technological sophistication while maximising the capabilities of existing institutional tools.

Thank you Samantha, Leigh and Laura for your excellent work on this. Chris Culnane and I are grateful for your eye for detail, dedication, thoughtful suggestions and of course obvious education expertise shining throughout.

SPE Subject Coordinator
February 20 2026

Leigh has worked on several complex subjects, such as ... Security, Privacy and Ethics.

Leigh has also contributed to and run Canvas workshop sessions where he has shown professionalism, strong communication skills, and the ability to manage questions effectively.

In these sessions, he has used his technical knowledge to translate concepts into practical applications for use within subjects.

MO Senior Learning Designer
February 2026

🙂Thanks for doing such a great job, especially on the Cyber and AI subjects.

MO Senior Learning Designer
3 December 2025