A key innovation I introduced into the Programming for Cyber Security subject was the development of a complete, industry-standard system for guiding students to use PyCharm as their Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Drawing on my technical depth and ability to translate complex workflows into accessible learning experiences, I created an approach that moved beyond basic LMS-based coding and into authentic professional practice.
I designed a structured process that taught students how to install, configure, and work within a full IDE—essential for handling real-world cybersecurity programming tasks. To support this, I embedded consistent “Practice: Try it yourself” prompts across activities, directing students to download files, organise them within their IDE workspace, and develop habits that mirror professional programming environments.
Another major component was the integration of a high-quality PyCharm instructional video created with the Subject Matter Expert. I collaborated closely with the SME to determine the most effective platform and format, independently researching a technical delivery platform that was unfamiliar to me. I then integrated the final video and supporting instructions into the subject’s learning flow, ensuring clarity and smooth learner progression.
This IDE framework significantly strengthened the subject’s technical authenticity and demonstrated the unique value I bring in bridging pedagogy, software tools, and complex domain expertise.
Your technical skills bring a unique capability to the team, one that no one else currently provides.
MO Head of Learning Design
22 July, 2025